Shipping food and agricultural products
Transport plays an important role in food production. At the same time, however, it is also a complex process that must be rigorously carried out and controlled.
So that you can send your goods easily, quickly and cheaply, we at Freightfinders offer you experienced carriers for your food transportation – no matter if it is e.g. a milk transport, feed transport or meat transport – we will find a suitable solution.
Shipping food & agricultural products with Freightfinders - Your advantages:
✓ Compare forwarders and means of transports for cheap offers
✓ Receive the same prices as with the forwarding companies themselves
✓ EU promoted network of experienced freight forwarders
✓ Full Service: customs, loading, load restraint, insurance, packaging
Please use our freight calculator to find favourable prices for your transport.
Challenges of food transportation
When shipping food, many challenges come to one, as these goods must arrive at the destination without any damage. The quality standard is guaranteed with food hygiene regulations (in Germany the “LMHV”), the "good hygiene practice" and the HACCP concept (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points). Thus, these regulations set the rules of food logistics.
- The food hygiene regulations determine the quality standard of manufacture, treatment and placing on the market of foodstuffs. This, hence, also affects food transport.
- The "good hygiene practice" says that the temperature limit must be met in the case of food transport, the hold or the transport container must be closed, the material must be corrosion-resistant and the inner walls smooth or easy to disinfect/clean. In the case of food transport that is particularly sensitive, such as e.g. meat, the requirements are slightly higher. Here, for example, the goods must also be protected from dust and insects. The cold chain for refrigerated products must also be strictly adhered to.
- Meanwhile, the HAACP concept ensures that, for example, the safety checkpoints for foodstuffs are identified and that they are also regularly monitored. They thus set the course for shipping food. In Germany, this concept is integrated in the LMHV.
Advantages with Freightfinders
For you to get smooth and cheap food transportation, you will find with us experienced freight forwarders, the necessary know-how and the appropriate technology for food logistics. This way you get a suitable solution for any kind of food. We also maintain a high standard of quality and take care that the transport requirements for your food transportation are met. Find your international route today and find low prices and experienced professionals.
Means of transport for food logistics
At Freightfinders you will find several means of transport for shipping food. You can decide for yourself, whether you want to carry out your food transport in e.g. a container or silo. It is also possible to ship only partial loads. As prescribed, these are strictly separated from other foodstuffs.
- Food transportation via trucks: Shipping food via trucks is usually rather a cheap and flexible option.
- Food transportation via train: A rail freight transport of your food is particularly environmentally friendly and also offers many other logistical advantages, such as a fast transport.
- Food transportation via ship: Particularly favourable, especially at long distances, is the transport of food by ship. Find your international sea freight route easily and quickly with Freightfinders.
- Food transportation via air freight: For particularly fast food transportation, air freight is a great way to bring your food safely and quickly to its destination.