EUR.1 Movement Certificate
creation & explanation
The EUR.1 Movement Certificate is created by the forwarding office and is used as a Preference Certificate. In this article, you will find information about the advantages of creating documents with Freightfinders and also everything about the EUR.1 document itself, as e.g. what it is, or what it is for.
Transport & customs clearance with Freightfinders - Your advantages:
✓ Compare forwarders and means of transports for cheap offers
✓ Receive the same prices as with the forwarding companies themselves
✓ EU promoted network of experienced freight forwarders
✓ Full Service: customs, loading, load restraint, insurance, packaging
Please use our freight calculator to find favourable prices for your transport & the creation of the EUR. 1 Movement Certificate.
You would like to use the service of our customs agency, but you have already booked your transport? Simply send us your transport details via our contact form and our customs broker will take care of your customs clearance.
EUR.1 – Creating documents with Freightfinders
There are various points, one should pay attention to, to utterly profit from the EUR.1 Preference Certificate. It is often difficult to get the most favourable conditions and to fill out the countless forms. Be it, because the goods have to be joined in the ranks of customs tariff correctly or the different preferential agreements. Ourselves and our customs brokers are experts in this area and will take care of this for you. Profit from our long-term experience of creating documents such as the EUR.1 Movement Certificate.
What is the Movement Certificate EUR.1
The EUR.1 certificate is used in international trade as a part of the forwarding office. It applies also as a preference certificate and is accepted as a Certificate of Origin, as well. The Certificate of Origin EUR.1 is, for example, used for the monitoring of goods movement. Still, the EUR.1 document is particularly used in goods traffic with EU trade-, preference and cooperative agreements, as well as with states and areas, which are associated with the EU. The certificate will on application and submission of filled out forms be created by customs. Additionally, you should attach further documents, which prove the origin of the goods, such as a supplier declaration, an incoming invoice, import documents, etc.
Who needs the EUR.1 document?
You will need the Movement Certificate from a merchandise value off 6.000 euros. As is is also accepted as the Certificate of Origin, it pays to let customs create this document. The actual purpose of the EUR.1 Movement Certificate are tariff advantages. If goods comply with the conditions, they can be imported to reduced tariff, or even duty free. Therefore, it is possible to profit financially from this document.
One should pay attention to the different preference agreements.
There is the unilateral preference agreement, which affects the imports into the EU. Here, exporters e.g. from the ACP countries, or the OCT’s can profit from the preference certificate. As this is a unilateral agreement, it means that exporters from the EU are not preferential.
With the bilateral preference agreement with the EU, all companies, which are within the territory of the countries which have concluded the agreement, are preferential. The EUR.1 Movement Certificate will be created by the respective customs on application and submission of the filled in EUR.1 form.
EUR.1 certificate countries
In the following countries, the EUR.1 Movement Certificate is accepted (partly with restrictions):
- Turkey (ECSC-goods)
- West Bank und Gaza Strip
- Ceuta und Mellila
- Overseas countries & territories (OCT’s)
- ACP countries
- Republic of Moldova
- Western Pacific countries (at the moment only Papua New Guinea und Fiji)
- Central African States (at the moment only Cameroon)
- Eastern and Southern African States
- Andean countries (Peru, Colombia, Ecuador)
- Central America (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama)
- SADC-EPA-States (Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland)
Movement certificate EUR.1 customs document specimen
We have created a sample for you for the EUR.1 movement certificate. In our example, we have chosen a transport from Germany to Ukraine. The transport of the cargo was indicated in the sample movement certificate EUR.1 via truck. The goods have a weight of 1,000.00 kg.
Here we explain how this customs document should be completed.
Click on the link down below to open the document in a new window:
EUR.1 - Sample
Movement certificate EUR.1 – Explanation and help for completion
- Point 1: Name and address of the exporter.
- Point2: Here, you enter between which states/groups of states the certificate is valid for preferential trade. In our case, these are the EU and Ukraine.
- Point 3: Name and address of the consignee, even if the completion is optional.
- Point 4: Indicate here the state/group of states of origin of the goods. In our example of the movement certificate EUR.1, this is the EU.
- Point 5: The state/group of states of destination is indicated here.
- Point 6: By which means of transport will the goods be transported? We have chosen a truck.
- Point 7: If the document has been filled in subsequently, for example, or if it is a duplicate, this should be indicated in the EUR.1 customs document in the remarks.
- Point 8: The goods are entered with serial numbers. In addition, the goods descriptions should be indicated here.
- Point 9: Enter the gross weight in kilograms or choose other measurements for your freight, such as loading metres, cubic metres, etc.
- Point 10: The entry of invoices is optional.
- Point 11: The customs office will enter here the proof of preference in the movement certificate EUR. 1. If you know the MRN (Movement Reference Number), enter it here.
- Point 12: The customs document movement certificate EUR.1 will lastly be provided with the place, date, name and signature of the exporter or their representative.