Movement Certificate A.TR.
creation & explanation
Trade with Turkey is rather significant for Germany. This is why the Movement Certificate A.TR. is so prominent. This preference certificate enables enormous advantages for import duties. This is the reason why, Freightfinders offers you help and consulting for creating this document. This way, you can ship your goods easily e.g. from Germany to Turkey.
You can find further information about what the A.TR. document is, or what it is for, in this article.
Transport & customs clearance with Freightfinders - Your advantages:
✓ Compare forwarders and means of transports for cheap offers
✓ Receive the same prices as with the forwarding companies themselves
✓ EU promoted network of experienced freight forwarders
✓ Full Service: customs, loading, load restraint, insurance, packaging
Please use our freight calculator to find favourable prices for your transport & the creation of the Movement Certificate A.TR. Document.
You would like to use the service of our customs agency, but you have already booked your transport? Simply send us your transport details via our contact form and our customs broker will take care of your customs clearance.
A.TR. document – Creating documents with Freightfinders
If you want to export goods e.g. from Germany to Turkey, you will have to apply for a Movement Certificate A.TR. The form for this document has to be filled in by the exporter or by his/her contractor. This will later be examined and then certified by the export customs office. This movement certificate has to be at the customs office of the destination country within four months. Hence, it is vital that the documents are being edited fast and correctly. Exceptions of regulations and also the lack of experience, often make it more difficult and expensive, than it should have to be. Hence, Freightfinders wants to help you, by taking over the task of creating the A.TR. document
What is a Movement Certificate A.TR.?
The Movement Certificate A.TR. is, similar to the EUR.1, a preference certificate. With this certificate, it is possible to import goods into the destination country without paying import charges. Furthermore, this document is solely for commercial goods traffic. Agricultural- and ECSC-goods (coal and steel products) constitute an exception. The major difference between the A.TR. Movement Certificate and the EUR.1, is that the A.TR. is exclusively for the goods traffic between the European Union and Turkey – e.g. from Germany to Turkey, or exporting from Turkey.
When is the A.TR. document necessary?
As mentioned before, the Movement Certificate A.TR. is solely for goods from the free movement of goods from the EU and Turkey and goods that are being transported directly from a member state to Turkey, or vice versa. This means that the freight is not to touch another area, but the EU or Turkey. Being transported directly also means that goods which build a single consignment, and are being transported through other territories, or are being handled or temporarily stored there, have to be monitored by the respective customs. The goods also have to be part of the free circulation of Turkey or the EU, to be accepted for the Movement Certificate A.TR.. These are basically products, which’s place of manufacture is either in the EU or Turkey. Even, if materials from third countries are used, they have to be part of the free circulation of the EU or Turkey. Also products, which were imported from a third country and have not been treated or processed in the EU nor in Turkey, have to be released for free circulation in the EU or Turkey.
Exceptions for A.TR.
As already mentioned briefly, ECSC-goods (coal and steel products) form an exception for the Movement Certificate A.TR.. Here, another free trade agreement is applied, which uses the EUR.1 as a preference certificate. The goods value has to be over 6.000 euros. If the merchandise value is lower, however, an export declaration from the exporter will suffice. This partly applies also to agricultural product. Please, contact us for consultation.
Movement Certificate A.TR. customs document sample
We have created a sample A.TR. movement certificate for you. As this document is one that is required exclusively for Turkey, our destination is in Turkey. The point of departure of our A.TR. example is in Germany.
Here we explain how this customs document should be completed.
Click on the link down below to upon the document in a new window:
A.TR. - Sample
A.TR. Movement Certificate. – Explanation and help for completion
- Point 1: Name and address of the exporter.
- Point 2: Transport document (completion optional).
- Point 3: Name and address of consignee, even if completion is optional.
- Point 4: The association between the EU and Turkey is already printed here.
- Point 5: The exporting state must be a member state of the EU.
- Point 6: The country of destination for the A.TR. is always Turkey.
- Point 7: Details of the carriage are optional but should be given if known. Indicate here the mode of transport, e.g. ship or truck.
- Point 8: If the document has for example been subsequently completed, or if it is a duplicate, this should be indicated in the A.TR. customs document here.
- Point 9: The item of goods is entered with serial numbers.
- Point 10: This point should be filled in so carefully that there is no possibility of falsification. Enter everything as precisely as possible. If exact details are too elaborate, reference should be made to business paper or commercial invoices. Marks, numbers, number and type of packages as well as the description of the goods are entered here.
- Point 11: Enter the gross mass in kilograms or other units of measurement for your goods here.
- Point 12: The proof of preference in the A.TR. document is usually completed by the customs office. However, if the MRN (Movement Reference Number) is known, it must be inserted here.
- Point 13: Finally, only the place, date, name and signature of the exporter are missing. If the exporter is represented e.g. by a forwarding agent, this must also be documented here.